The AFL, supported by the WAFC, have developed a new National Coaching Strategy. The strategy will be launched in March of this year and it is imperative that all coaches ensure that they engage with this strategy and have an appropriate accreditation in place. Some of the changes include:
- No need to attend a full day course to become accredited
- An annual membership to Coach.AFL rather than the 4 year membership to AFCA/ WAFC as in the past
- All reaccreditations through the Coach.AFL platform once it is launched
- Access to a wider range of resources to support coaches
- A necessity for ALL coaches to continue their coach education on an annual basis
Download the National Coaching Strategy
The WAFC is currently in the process of appointing 3 Coach Coordinator positions to be based in the Metro North, Metro Central and Metro South regions with their role including support to all levels of coaches. Regional coaches have the support network through their Regional WAFC staff.
If you have any further queries please contact your local District or Regional staff member to discuss them further.
Sharks District Development Officer
West Australian Football Commission