The 2020 season is a step closer following the government’s announcement to ease some of the social distancing restrictions. The impact of the changes to restrictions on junior and community football was further clarified in emails sent by the WA Football Commission today.
This evening, coaches and managers from each of the club’s teams met on-line to discuss how we would be able to apply the rules and hygiene factors necessary to commence training and Auskick sessions. At the conclusion of the meeting, we determined that the Club would be capable of meet-ing the requirements and that training and Auskick sessions would start in the week commencing Monday, 18 May.
Unfortunately, Auskick remains suspended until at least 31 May. The Club will make further inquir-ies in relation to this.
In summary, the training requirements we must implement are:
• Maximum 20 participants including coaches;
• No physical contact between players;
• Social distancing of 1.5m and one person per 4 sqm;
• No access to club/change rooms or wet areas;
• Maintain a record of people who have attended training;
• Apply hygiene practices (listed below); and
• Completion of on-line CV-19 education sessions by coaches and other key Club personnel.
The hygiene factors are:
• Alcohol sanitisers available for all training participants before after and during training;
• Participants MUST have own drink bottles that should be disinfected after each session. This includes mouthguards;
• Participants MUST avoid spitting and clearing nasal passages during training;
• Avoid physical contact including handshakes high fives etc;
• No lingering when the training session is completed;
• Footballs are to be wiped with sanitiser before and after training sessions;
• Players are responsible for own joints strapping; and
• People who have been in contact with people who are sick, cannot attend training.
The detailed protocol documents are included here as an attachment or via this link WA-community football return to training update
Training Session Times for week commencing 18 May
Year 3 – to be determined
Year 5 – Wednesday 20 May at 5.00PM to 6.00PM
Year 7 – Wednesday 20 May at 5.00PM to 6.00PM and Friday 22 May at 5.00PM to 6.00PM
Year 12 – Tuesday 19 May and Thursday 21 May at 5.00PM to 6.30PM
Auskick – Suspended until at least 31 May.
Please be aware that the capacity to start the competitive part of the season will be dependant upon everyone’s compliance with the requirements detailed above. The remaining CV-19 restrictions that apply to the whole community must continue to be applied in our everyday lives. Utilising the Covid-Safe App is highly recommended.
Thank you to the coaches and managers that made themselves available for today’s meeting:
Luke McCorkill – Auskick
Carmen Ricci and Roel Mordant – Year 5
Keith Holland and Isaac Brown – Year 7
Ryan Kuser and Glenys Evans – Year 12
See you next week.
Riverton Football Club |President|